Happy 4 months Grady! He has changed so much this past month, sometimes it shocks me how fast he learns/discovers things. We all know kids grow up fast, but geez!
We had our 4 month check-up and vaccines (dTap and Pc) on Friday. This "little" guy did not disappoint. He's still in the 95th percentile for everything height, weight and head circumference.
Weight: 18 pounds 5 ounces
Height: 27.25" - he's grown 6" since birth, wow!
Head: 17.75 cm
Overall he's VERY healthy and growing at a great rate. The doctor was amazed at how strong his legs are and at how close he is to sitting up alone. He's was also surprised he is rolling over since bigger babies usually hit those milestones a bit later. Needless to say I was one proud mama. ;-) The pediatrician also gave us the green light to start rice cereal. I wasn't sure I wanted to start it this early since I've read some studies that recommend waiting to start solids until closer to six months. Our compromise: rice cereal, oatmeal and barley from 4-6 months, then vegetables and then fruits after six months. Here's a video of his very first time trying rice cereal:
These are a few of my favorites of him eating, he's SO messy and not loving it yet!
To celebrate his 4 month birthday daddy assembled his high chair. Oh my gosh does he look like a big boy!
Milestones:
He's hit so many milestones lately I hope I remember to list them all.
- Rolling over from back to tummy
- Just started rolling from tummy to back
- Grasping toys
- Found his feet
- Putting everything in his mouth
- Loves "peek-a-boo"
- Still loves "standing"
- Is getting ready to sit. If I place him in the tripod position he will balance for a few seconds. He's getting better at it each time. The pedi said sitting usually occurs closer to 5-6 months, so he's starting this early.
Food:
He eats an average of 28 ounces each day and is now starting rice cereal. The pediatrician recommends 2 TB 2x a day. Right now we're lucky if he's swallowing 1/3 of a TB - most of it ends up on his face, hands, chest, etc. Ha!
Sleep:
Grady no longer needs to eat in the middle of the night --- BUT he's
definitely NOT sleeping through the night. He's up somewhere around 5 times each
night but he just needs his paci put back in. I miss sleep. I'm still dreamfeeding him, but he's going from 10:00 pm - 8:00 am without eating. Pretty good! Now, if I could just train him to soothe himself back to sleep...
Schedule:
What schedule? Grady resisted so I gave that up a few weeks ago. The doctor said not to force the issue and eventually he will fall into his own routine. I'm fine with this because it was causing more stress on the two of us. We do have activities four days a week, so I try to get him to nap before those but other than that it's up to him. Some days he sleeps a ton, others not so much. I try to get out of the house at least once each day, so this is our weekly schedule:
M: Playgroup with MOMS Club
T: Swim lessons
W: Baby class at the library
Th: Music Together class (SO excited for this!)
F: FREE day - errands, shopping, lunch with friends
We are absolutely loving life. He's at such a fun age and he's such a joy. As much as I miss the days of that snuggly, sleepy little peanut, I absolutely LOVE where we are right now. I'm so lucky to be able to spend each and every day with my little boy! XOXO



No comments:
Post a Comment