I can't believe I'm sitting here writing about our 15-month-old. I don't know how it is possible we have a toddler. Where did our baby go?? As much as I miss the cuddles and cooing, Grady is SO much fun right now. I so wish I could bottle this age up. I continue to say this at every post, but he amazes us more and more each day. He is doing or saying something new every single day, it's crazy. I know I haven't posted an update in a while, please forgive me, he is keeping me very busy these days but I wouldn't trade it for the world.
We just had our 15 month well visit with the pediatrician today and he is doing GREAT! I'm one proud mama!
Milestones:
- walking
- stands from ground without pulling up on an item
- crawling up the stairs
- saying so many words I can't keep up anymore - here are a few of his favorite words and phrases:
- shhhhhh = fish
- JJ
- no mo = no more
- No no no mo mo mo no! = No more monkeys jumping on the bed
- zee = please
- mo mo = more (sometimes he'll even say, "mo mo zee")
- abocabbo = avocado
- Nana = banana
- papa = grandpa
- no no, JJ
- ka ka = quack quack
- Recognizing songs and doing movements - "The Wheels on the Bus" is a current favorite and he will do all of the hand signs, wheels rolling, doors opening, swish swish, beep beep, babies crying, mommies saying "shhh" and daddies saying "sit back down." "Head Shoulders Knees and Toes" is also a favorite.
- points to tummy, head and ears when asked
- is eating off of a plate and attempts to use a fork and spoon
- stacks blocks
- uses signs along with language for: more, milk, all done, please, thank you
- dances (like a white boy, it's fabulous)
- is down to one nap each day
![]() | |
| The book says, "Look at frog stick out his long pink tongue." Grady is showing us his tongue. Such a cutie! |
![]() | |
| He points to each animal and wants to know what sound the animal makes. He's such a bookworm! |
Statistics:
Height: 33" - 95th percentile
Weight: 26 pounds 15 ounces - 78th percentile
Food:
Oh man, I knew this day would come but he's become a picky eater. He hates veggies (will eat corn, but that's technically a grain, right?) and meat, likes fruit, but would live off of pizza, mac & cheese, PB&J and grilled cheese if I let him. Typical toddler I know. A few random things he will eat are avocados, black beans, shrimp and salsa. Sounds like a fiesta!
Sleep:
STTN with one afternoon nap. He's become a pretty darn good sleeper, we got really lucky!
Schedule:
This is our typical day:
8:00 - wake up
8:30 - breakfast
11:30 - lunch
1:30 - milk & nap
4:15 - wake up
5:30 - dinner
7:30 - bath & milk
8:00 - bedtime
As I said before, this kid is keeping me busy these days. He's all over the place, in everything, making a mess everywhere we go. To get him to sit still for a picture was nearly impossible today. =)





I love that you say every age is the best...looking at my little baby, I get so sad thinking how time is already flying by but you are right, every day just gets better.
ReplyDeleteGrady is so adorable and such a smarty. Hopefully he and Avery can meet in September!