Tuesday, October 19, 2010

9 Weeks


Well, we made it another week!  =)  Things got a bit complicated this week, as I broke out in a pretty bad case of hives on Saturday.  I've never had hives before, and we cannot figure out what could have caused this to happen, but it is miserable.  I went to the doctor yesterday and she has referred me to a dermatologist.  I guess I need to schedule an appointment to see what is going on.  I'm trying not to take any extra medication while pregnant, but Benedryl is the only thing that seems to keep the flare-ups under control.  Ugh!  I was a little nervous on the effects of our little babe, so the OB was nice enough to do a quick ultrasound for us.  We got to see the baby and the little heart beating again, it was awesome.  Here's a little pic of what my leg looked like yesterday, fun stuff.

Picture:  (Don't worry, once I "pop", these will be fully-clothed pictures.  They are kind of scary right now, I know!)

What's going on: 

"As you squeeze into your jeans and struggle to button your shirt, try enjoying the gain -- after all, when was the last time putting on the pounds was totally guilt-free? It's also probably time for some new lingerie. Your sore, bigger-by-the-minute boobs will feel so much better in a maternity bra."

Baby's now the size of a green olive!  Your little embryo has now officially graduated to fetus-hood. Adding to the excitement, a Doppler ultrasound device might be able to pick up the beating heart. With basic physical structures in place and increasingly distinct facial features, baby is kind of starting to look like...well...a baby!



How I am feeling:  Not so good.  As if the hives weren't enough, the morning sickness is still in full-effect.  I've had a pretty bad case of the gags lately.  As we were driving home from the doctor yesterday, I began dry-heaving and gagging in the car.  Thankfully I've been keeping a ziploc in my purse.  It is disgusting, but all Adam and I can do is laugh.  I know it will all be worth it in the end. 

Cravings/Aversions:  All I could think about last night was a barbacoa burrito from Chipotle.  Adam was gracious enough to go out and get it for me!  He even waited 20 minutes because they were "out" of barbacoa.  Ugh, this is taking a toll on the both of us.  Haha!  Pretty much everything else still sounds disgusting.  

Weight gain: +4.5 lbs, whoa!!  I think all of this carb-eating and sedentary lifestyle is starting to catch up with me.  I can't wait to start feeling better so I can get up and get active again. 

Next appointment:  Tuesday, November 9th at 11:15 for 12 week NT ultrasound.


No comments:

Post a Comment