Tuesday, October 18, 2011

5 Months



 This little man is 5 months old already, I cannot believe it.  As much as I say it each time I post, he continues to amaze me.  Just when we think we couldn't love him more, it happens.  Parenthood is a strange, yet amazing thing.  

We went to Flagstaff for a little family get away this weekend.  It was nice to spend time as a family, as Adam has been traveling a ton for work lately.  It was also nice to get out of this ridiculous heat.  Here are a few pictures from our trip:
Lunch with my sweet boy.  I love him so much!
Park time!
This picture was taken at 2am.  Grady thought it was playtime from 1:00-3:00 in the morning.  Mommy and daddy were not that amused, but how can you be mad at this sweet little face.  He was SO happy and chatty, I don't know what got into him. 
Daddy and Grady watching the train go by.
 Here is a recap from his doctor's appointment last week:
Weight: 19 pounds 8.5 ounces
Height: 28 inches
Head:  (they did not measure head circumference this time). 
Milestones:
Oh gosh, there are so many to remember!
  • Rolling over from tummy to back - this just started
  •  Squeals like a pterodactyl
  • Beginning to tuck his knees under him when doing tummy time
  • Somehow spins in circles when laying down
  • Reaches for faces when being held (or pulls glasses off of daddy's face)
  • Reaches out for items he wants, including mommy's dinner plate or daddy's beer --- um problem! 
  • Loves loves loves looking at himself in the mirror
  • Daddy says he's, "badass" now 

Food:
He eats an average of 26 ounces each day and is eating oatmeal once each day.  He typically eats 5-6 ounce bottles 4-5 times a day. I would like him to be closer to 32 ounces, but I can't seem to get him to eat more.  Grrr...
Sleep:
Things have not improved since the 4 month update:  "Grady no longer needs to eat in the middle of the night --- BUT he's definitely NOT sleeping through the night.  He's up somewhere around 5 times each night but he just needs his paci put back in.  I miss sleep."  We did drop the dreamfeed though so his 7:00 feeding is the last of the day, yay!  
Schedule:
This is our typical day:
7:30 - wake up
8:00 - eat
9:00 - morning nap
11:00 - eat
12:30 - catnap
2:00 - eat
3:00 - afternoon nap
5:00 - eat (bottle & oatmeal)
6:30 - bath & eat
7:00 - bedtime

Little Grady is such an amazing baby.  These 5 months have been exhausting, overwhelming, stressful and AMAZING.  I wouldn't trade it for the world.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment