Friday, November 18, 2011

6 Months

HAPPY 1/2 BIRTHDAY, GRADY!  

I cannot believe my sweet little boy is already 6 months old.  Where has the time gone?  I still feel like I was just pregnant.  I know they all say, "they grow up so fast" but sheesh.  S...l...o...w......d...o...w...n... already!  I have to say, he is SO much more fun now, but I do miss the days of the little peanut sleeping on my chest.  


He sure does have a personality these days and it is amazing to watch him change each and every day.  He grows and learns so quickly, I'm in awe.  

Here is a rundown of our doctor's appointment yesterday:

Weight: 20 pounds 13 ounces --- 95th %
Height: 29 inches --- off the charts, he's above the 97th % 
(umm, the nurse informed me that the average height for a ONE-YEAR-OLD is 30" - wtf!?)
Head:18.5 cm? in?  I don't know --- 95th %

Milestones:
I hope I remember them all...
  • Sitting up
  •  "Chatting" all day long
  • Beginning to tuck his knees under him when doing tummy time
  • Rolling all over the house and scooching on his tummy - not crawling but he will move a few inches to grab a toy if he really wants it
  • Lunging forward (aka - trying to jump off of my lap for the remote control)
  • Eating solids
  • "Raking" and pulling everything towards him
  • EVERYTHING goes in his mouth
  • He is teething like a monster.  I know his teeth are going to pop out while I'm out of town this weekend.  =(

Food:
Eating 30 ounces each day and has been eating solids once each day.  The pedi said we could up it to 2-3 times a day...yikes!  Here's a list of everything he's had so far:
  • sweet potatoes
  • squash
  • bananas
  • apples
  • avocado (hated these)
  • green beans (HATED these, too)
Sleep:
I don't want to jinx myself, but Grady has been sleeping so much better (shhh...don't tell him I ever said this!)  He's been sleeping from 7:00 pm - 7:30 am and he's only been waking up 1-2 times -- it is heavenly!  I pray it stays like this.  Getting up 5 times a night was really wearing me down.  

Schedule:
This is our typical day:
7:30 - wake up
8:00 - eat
9:00 - morning nap
11:00 - eat
12:30 - catnap
2:00 - eat
3:00 - afternoon nap
5:00 - eat (bottle & solids)
6:30 - bath & eat
7:00 - bedtime
We have started a little bit of sign language with G.  So far this is what we are working on:
  • more
  • all finished
  • milk
  • mommy
  • daddy
  • dog
  • eat
I have to say, the last six months have been the hardest, yet most rewarding of my life.  We can't imagine our lives without Grady.  Love that little boy!  Here are a few more pictures I took this morning to commemorate this special day.  Could he be any cuter?  I don't know if I'm biased but he has got to be the most adorable little boy in the world.  ;-)  Happy 6 months, G! 


1 comment:

  1. What a big boy! OMG, you must be getting a good workout everyday. I think Kellan was pretty big at 6 months and we called him Ironman because he was just packed so solid! haha

    Grady looks cute and happy, as always!

    ReplyDelete