Tuesday, November 23, 2010

14 Weeks

We made it to the 2nd trimester, YAY!!  No matter how you look at it, 12 weeks, 13 weeks 3 days, 14 weeks, we are here.  Yay!!  I'm SO excited to get that 2nd tri bust of energy and start feeling "normal" again.  


This has been one busy week.  Call us crazy, we know, but we adopted this sweet little guy, "JJ" from a shelter this weekend.  We figured if we ever are going to get a dog, it would have to be now.  Thank God we didn't wait any longer, because this adorable little boy is a lot of work.  He must be training us for what it's going to be like with a newborn - up every 2 hours, constant supervision (he's not housebroken yet, oh joy!) and lots and lots of love.  We are SO happy to have him with us!  

Picture: I apologize for the disgusting picture.  I was getting ready to crawl into bed when Adam snapped this:
 
What's going on: 
"Your adorable little fetus is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, and (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over the body for warmth."

How I'm feeling:  Pretty good!  I've gone 4 out of the last 7 days with no Zofran.  WOO HOO!!  I even have a bit more energy.  Good thing, because that little JJ is sucking the life out of me right now. 

Cravings/Aversions:  This week hasn't been anything abnormal.  I think I've been so preoccupied and busy, I haven't had time to think about food. 

Weight gain:  I'm not sure since I haven't weighed myself lately.  After Thanksgiving dinner I'm sure I will be up a few pounds. 

Next appointment:  December 3rd for monthly appointment.  Our anatomy scan is December 21st. 

1 comment: