I know I'm naturally neurotic and nervous, but yesterday I just had that weird feeling like something was wrong. I'd woken up 2 nights earlier with some pretty severe cramping and then yesterday I woke up with NO morning sickness. I mean, I felt great! I got up, ate a full breakfast, cleaned the house and felt great. You'd think I would be grateful, right? No. All that did was freak me out. Now, I know I'm nearing the end of the 1st trimester (amen!) and that symptoms have a tendency to come and go, but the m/s hasn't given me one day of relief since week 6, so made me a little nervous.
To ease my mind, I decided to call the OB's office and tell them what was going on. I fully assumed they would reassure me everything is fine and they will see my next week for my NT scan. Boy, was I wrong! She told me to come right in. YIKES!
I nervously got myself ready and headed right over to the office. Sitting there waiting was pure agony! The doctor came in and did not seem too concerned, so that made me feel better --- for approximately one minute. She put the doppler on my stomach and my heart stopped. There was no heartbeat. I definitely began to panic. She tried to reassure me that it is still a bit early to hear it on the doppler, so she pulled me in for an ultrasound. I was in sheer panic waiting. Then the most amazing thing popped up on the screen. A little BABY with a strong heartbeat! Yes, our little peanut is no longer a blob, it looks like a real baby. It was so awesome! On top of that, the little peanut kicked and squirmed on the screen. It was the coolest thing to see. Ahhh, needless to say I let out a huge sigh of relief. THANK GOD!
While I was there, they did the bloodwork for the NT scan, so when we are there for the ultrasound next week, they will have the results. I'm so happy we won't have to wait another week to know the outcome. =)
Oh, and apparently I'm down 1 pound from before I got pregnant. I'm not sure how that happened, especially since I ate that ENTIRE bag of donuts last week. Oops!
No comments:
Post a Comment