Tuesday, January 4, 2011

20 Weeks

I cannot believe we made it to 20 weeks - the halfway point.  HOORAY!!!!  In honor of this momentous occasion, I think I'll celebrate with a little bit of Ben & Jerry's "Half Baked" ice cream tonight.  Every pregnant woman needs ice cream, right?  And what better excuse do I have?  Grady is half baked! 

Picture:  Sorry for the snarky little smirk on my face.  I was trying to snap a quick picture before leaving for work this morning.  Yes, work, you read that right.  I'm back at it for a few months.  I really look pregnant now, it is so strange.  
What's going on:
"Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, speaking of the diaper situation... baby's genitals are now fully formed!"
How I'm feeling: Pretty good.  Work is zapping all of my energy, so I come home and fall right to sleep, but if that's as bad as it gets, I'll take it.  =)
 
Cravings/Aversions:  Still sweets.  I hope this passes soon.  Why can't I crave vegetables and protein? 

Weight gain:  +4.5 pounds total - that I know of. 

Next appointment: We have our next appointment January 25th.  It's nothing exciting, just to measure me and get my blood pressure.  These happen every 4 weeks for now.  Our next ultrasound is March 29th.

1 comment: