Picture: Yowzers! I think this shirt is a bit deceiving because I was told by a few parents at school that I looked "smaller" today. Not too sure how to take that anymore, but if the buttons weren't about to pop I would wear this shirt everyday. =)
What's going on: (Since the fruit doesn't change for a few weeks, I found a different site that gives more information.)
How your baby's growing:
"Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb."How I'm feeling: Pretty good, but I've had some serious back pain lately. It kept me up for a few hours last night and by the end of my workday I can barely walk. The doctor gave me the referral for physical therapy today, so I need to schedule a consultation. I'm praying they can "fix" me!
Cravings/Aversions: Nothing too outrageous lately. I actually ate steak last night -- big step!
Weight gain: +13 lbs total --- yes, you are reading that right, I gained NINE pounds this past month. NINE (well, according to my doctor - I came home and weighed myself and it was 2 pounds lighter. I'm loving my scale today)!! The doctor didn't seem concerned since I hadn't gained much weight up until this point, but it freaked me out. Needless to say I came home and ate salad and celery sticks for dinner. I know I'm supposed to gain 25-35 pounds this pregnancy, but to see those numbers on the scale is frightening.
Next appointment: Our next appointment is February 22nd. I'm scheduled for the glucose test that day to check for gestational diabetes. It is a standard test, but YIKES! Our next ultrasound is March 29th --- I can't wait to "see" Grady again.

No comments:
Post a Comment