Tuesday, February 8, 2011

25 Weeks and 30 Years Old

What a day!  Six months pregnant (or seven months, depending on what website you look at) was not how I ever imagined spending my 30th birthday, but I wouldn't change it for the world.  I had always pictured myself on a cruise with my friends or partying it up in Vegas.  Yeah, today has been nothing like either of those scenarios, but there will always be cruises and there will always be Vegas.  Adam was sweet enough to arrange a dinner with 11 of our closest friends and their 6 kids (all 3 or under, YIKES).  It was a great way to spend the day.  Grady even gave me a few strong kicks as his way of welcoming me to my 30s.  Thanks buddy!  

Our little man is getting stronger and stronger each day.  He has been keeping me awake at night with little jabs, kicks and punches.  Aren't I so lucky?  Last week I was sitting on the couch and touched my belly to feel him kick, yet what I found was a huge LUMP at the top of my stomach.  It must have been his head or his tush all tucked in there, it was crazy.  I never realized I'd actually feel his little body parts from the outside.  Pregnancy is an amazing thing, but sometimes I still get freaked out that there is a HUMAN BEING growing inside of me. 

Kristen (my friend who is due 4 days before me) had her baby shower this weekend.  It's surreal that we are pregnant enough to have showers.  Mine isn't for another 6 weeks or so, but it was so fun to celebrate with her.  Plus, I made mental notes of all of the cool things she received then came home and updated my registry.  Haha!  Here's a picture of me, Kristen and Lindsay (another good friend of ours who is due 3 weeks after me) from Kris' shower (me: 24 weeks with a boy, Kris: 25 weeks with a boy, Linds: 21 weeks with a girl):


Picture:  

What's going on: (Since the fruit doesn't change for a few weeks, I found a different site that gives more information.)

How your baby's growing

"Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture."

How I'm feeling:  Good, just the back is an issue.  Oh, and exhaustion has hit a new high.  I guess it's because I'm getting close to that 3rd trimester, but I could literally sleep my life away these days. 
 
Cravings/Aversions:  I'm back to my good ol' self, eating just about everything in sight.  Grady must have gone through a growth spurt because these past two weeks I could not get enough food in my stomach.  I would eat a full meal then be hungry 20 minutes later.  Crazy. 

Weight gain:  +13 lbs total according to my scale --- back to what the doctor said two weeks ago.

Next appointment:  Our next appointment is February 22nd.  I'm scheduled for the glucose test that day to check for gestational diabetes.  It is a standard test, but YIKES!  Our next ultrasound is March 29th --- I can't wait to "see" Grady again.

No comments:

Post a Comment