Tuesday, February 15, 2011

26 Weeks

Yesterday marked another milestone in pregnancy talk.  Our due date is in 99 days (or actually 98 as of today), but that's double digits people.  I can hardly believe it, I feel like I was just celebrating double digits by getting to 10 weeks.  Where has this 2nd trimester gone?  Only one more week until 3rd tri! 

Adam worked very hard on the nursery this weekend painting and assembling the crib.  Here are some pictures of what it looks like so far.  We have a lot more work to do and still need to order the glider, but the big stuff is all done!  Yay!  It's a bit difficult to tell by the pictures, but the color is a light, icy blue with a hint of gray.  We used the fabric swatches for the bedding to match it up and we both love how it turned out.

(I'm convinced JJ thinks this is going to be his bedroom.  He loves it in there and did a great job helping Daddy paint.  By the time they were finished JJ's tail was blue, too.)


Grady has been a moving machine lately.  It's progressed from little punches and jabs to full-on rolling and stretching.  If I'm patient enough I can catch my entire belly moving as if he's rolling over or sliding a hand/foot across.  I think he's getting bigger with less space to move around, but Adam and I sat on the couch last night feeling his little butt and limbs poking out.  It's crazy!

Picture:  
(I feel this picture needs a disclaimer.  So sorry for the lack of make-up, awesome outfit and snarky grin.  I guess that's what day 3 of the flu gets you.)

What's going on: (Since the fruit doesn't change for a few weeks, I found a different site that gives more information.)

How your baby's growing:

"The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days."

How I'm feeling:  Well, I've been better.  Let's just put it that way.  Grady isn't causing any trouble, it's more of this stomach bug/fever/cough/flu that I can't seem to get rid of.  I've been in bed for 3 days now, so the end has to be in sight.
 
Cravings/Aversions:  You know I must not be feeling well when Adam asks if I want anything from DQ and I pass.  Ha!  

Weight gain:  +15 lbs total according to my scale --- yikes.  I know I'm nearing the 3rd trimester and I'm supposed to gain 25-35 pounds, but it's really hard seeing those numbers on the scale.

Next appointment:  Our next appointment is February 22nd.  I'm scheduled for the glucose test that day to check for gestational diabetes.  It is a standard test, but YIKES!  I'm nervous because it's in the afternoon and although the directions don't say to fast, I've heard and read contradicting reports.  I'm afraid if I don't fast my numbers will be elevated requiring me to sit in on a 3 hour blood-draw.  GAHHHH!!  Our next ultrasound is March 29th --- I can't wait to "see" Grady again.

No comments:

Post a Comment