Tuesday, April 12, 2011

34 Weeks

Needless to say, it's been an eventful week.  I don't have much to say other than I've never been happier to be home.  I now understand why people hate hospitals so much.  GET ME OUT OF THERE!  
  
I had my regular OB appointment today and I could not be more excited about it.  Nothing crazy happened, but she is releasing me from bed rest, excusing me from the cardiologist appointment and is comfortable with where things are right now.  Unless contractions become painful I can ignore them --- I don't want any more trips to L & D until it's Grady's birthday.  

Our second birthing class is tonight and this is the serious one about delivery & epidural.  I'm scared out of my mind to go, but I know I need to know what to expect.  Adam was supposed to be in Atlanta this week for work, but with everything that has happened he canceled his trip.  He thought he was getting out of seeing "the video" at class, no such luck.  Haha, I think he's more nervous about it than me.  This should be interesting.  =)

Also, we are meeting with a pediatrician on Thursday.  I'm hoping we really like him because I'd like to get that nailed down sooner rather than later since he has to check Grady out in the hospital before he can be released.  At this rate Grady seems like he wants to make an early appearance, so time is ticking. 


Picture: 
What's going on: 

How your baby's growing:

"Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies."
  
How I'm feeling:  
Today I feel great.  End of story, amen.  
  
Cravings/Aversions:  Nothing out of the ordinary this week.   
  
Weight gain: +26, OUCH!  I'm pretty freaked out by that number on the scale, but the doctor is happy with it.  I'm supposed to gain 25-35 pounds total, but I'd like to keep it closer to the lower end of that scale. 

Next appointment:  Our next appointment is April 26th.  Hopefully I don't have any more doctor's visits until then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment