Tuesday, April 19, 2011

35 Weeks

Well, 35 weeks is another "milestone" in pregnancy talk.  It's referred to as 35/35, meaning 35 weeks are done and we have 35 days to go.  I can't believe it!  I used to think, "I'll never get to 35/35" --- yet here I am.  How did this happen so fast?  I'm SO ready to not be pregnant anymore, but that means I have to give birth.  YIKES!  Ultimately I'd love our little guy to bake a few more weeks to make sure he's a healthy little man, but I am getting antsy.  I want to meet him NOW. 

Adam and I put the final touches on the nursery last night and I have to say I'm very happy with how it turned out.  It was giving me a bit of anxiety knowing we still had stuff to do in there, although I know Grady's not going to even be using the room for a few months still.  It just feels good to be done in there for now.  One more thing checked off my list!  Here are some pictures I took this morning:

 
Picture: 
What's going on: 


How your baby's growing:

"Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight."

How I'm feeling:  Pretty good.  The insomnia/getting up to pee four times a night is ridiculous so I'm exhausted all.day.long, but other than that I feel great.  I guess it's just my body's way of preparing me for the lack of sleep I'll be getting once Grady is here.   

Cravings/Aversions:  I can't get enough Paradise Bakery salad and fruit lately.  YUM, at least it's healthy, right?

Weight gain:  I'm not even trying to think about it at this point.  Unless I'm at the doctor's office I'm not getting this fat arse on a scale. 

Next appointment:  Our next appointment is Tuesday, April 26th.  Hopefully I don't have any more doctor's visits until then.

1 comment:

  1. Can I live in Grady's room please? I am OBSESSED! You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete