Tuesday, March 8, 2011

29 Weeks

First and foremost, I want to give a big THANK YOU to everyone reading the blog.  Within the past week or so I've been told by a number of you that you're on here reading it every week.  It means a lot to know how many of you are interested in our lives and the life of little Grady though he's not even here yet.   He's one lucky little guy!  This started as a modern "belly book" so the interest and feedback I've been getting is wonderful!  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! 
 
Picture:  
Can you say huge?  Everybody keeps saying I'm all belly, but I sure don't feel like it.  My butt and thighs are growing right along with that belly.  My first pair of maternity shorts were delivered today (a necessity now that it's getting warm out and I still have 11 weeks), but the thought of these pasty legs in them makes me shudder.  
What's going on: 
(Since the fruit doesn't change for a few weeks, I found a different site that gives more information.)

How your baby's growing:

"Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day."

How I'm feeling:  
Ehhh, I'm doing fairly well.  The rib pain is still pretty ridiculous and I'm exhausted but that comes with the territory.  OH, and new this week: once I'm sitting on the floor I can't get up.  It takes an act of God to get me to my feet.  That's fun while teaching preschool --- good thing this is my last week.  
 
Cravings/Aversions:  I'm back on those darn bakery fresh cinnamon rolls.  Adam shouldn't let me grocery shop anymore.  I just can't pass them up. 

Weight gain:  Not too sure.  I'm scared to get on the scale these days.  I have another doctor's appointment next Tuesday, so I'm sure I will find out then.  Until that day I'll continue living in my fantasy world where I haven't gained anything!  =)

Next appointment:  Our next appointment is March 15.  Our next ultrasound is March 29th --- I can't wait to "see" Grady again.

1 comment:

  1. You look adorable as always :) I can't believe you only have 11 weeks left. It seems like you just found out you were pregnant.

    ReplyDelete