Tuesday, March 22, 2011

31 Weeks


 
Picture: 
What's going on: 
(Since the fruit doesn't change for a few weeks, I found a different site that gives more information.)
 

How your baby's growing:

"This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy."
 
How I'm feeling:  
Pretty great!  I'm definitely feeling huge, and Grady loves hanging out in my ribs still, so that stinks, but overall I'm doing well.  Adam and I were in Seattle this last weekend for our 1st anniversary and we walked A TON.  I was proud I was able to keep up and even make it up the hills and thousands of stairs (I may have had to stop half way, but we'll keep that part a secret).  Who knew Seattle was so hilly (is "hilly" even a word??)?  The next day my body was pretty sore, but nothing I couldn't take.  OHHH, and how could I have forgotten --- lovely heartburn has set in something fierce.  I've never really experienced true heartburn until now and let me tell you - OUCH! 
 
Cravings/Aversions:  Nothing crazy. 

Weight gain:  I don't even want to know after this weekend.  Fish & chips and cheesecake pretty much sums up the trip.  It's time to get to the grocery store and stock up on fruits and veggies. 

Next appointment:  Our next appointment and ultrasound is next week, March 29th --- I can't wait to "see" Grady again.  This u/s measures his growth and makes sure he's still head-down (which I'm a bit concerned about because it sure felt like he was doing flips in there all week). 

1 comment:

  1. Where did your feet go? :) LOVE that pic! You look great

    ReplyDelete