Tuesday, March 29, 2011

32 Weeks

Well, well, well, today was interesting.  We had our growth ultrasound and let's just say Grady is B-I-G!  His head is in the 99th percentile for 32 weeks (I almost passed out when the u/s tech told me this, no joke.  She had to cut the ultrasound short because I was getting nauseous and lightheaded. Embarrassing? Yes. Surprising? No.).  YIKES!  His weight is currently estimated at 4 pounds 14 ounces.  Yes, that's almost 5 pounds!!!!  The average for this time is 3 pounds 8 ounces.  On a positive note, I don't feel as disgusted with with my weight gain knowing our little guy is accounting for almost 5 pounds.  Most of all, we are just grateful to know he's healthy and active.  Everything looked great.  Amen!  
 
Here's a current picture of our little man.  It's really hard to see anything because he was facing my spine for the most part, but it is a close-up of his face and kind of creepy, but we love him lots.


I also had the most amazing baby shower this last Saturday.  It was wonderful to celebrate with those closest to us.  Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures as I was busy socializing the entire time.  =)  I will update the blog with more pictures as I get them from everyone.  A great big THANK YOU to my wonderful hosts: my mom, Adam's mom and my BFF (yes, I just used the term BFF, embarrassing!) Tina.  Also, thank you to Amanda and Courtney for helping out.  I'm lucky to have so many wonderful ladies in my life.  

Picture: 
What's going on: 
(Since the fruit doesn't change for a few weeks, I found a different site that gives more information.)
 

How your baby's growing:

"By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth."
 
How I'm feeling:  
Excuse me while I throw myself a little pity party and list my current ailments:
  • heartburn - my esophagus is on fire, I swear
  • insomnia - thank goodness for infomercials at 2:00 am
  • permanent rib damage I'm sure
  • back pain from top to bottom
  • leg cramps when I stretch, weird
  • shortness of breath - awesome, let me tell you
Cravings/Aversions: EASTER CAKES!!  Yes, my dearly beloved Christmas cakes might be off of the shelves, but they have been replaced with Easter cakes.  Totally awesome!  Adam brought up ordering Chinese food the other night and I almost lost it.  I guess I'm still not 100%. 

Weight gain:  +22 lbs - Ehh, not sure how I feel about that. 

Next appointment:  Our next appointment is April 12th.


2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about the weight...He accounts for most of that and it will come off fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see pictures of your baby shower-I bet it was wonderful :) And you look cute as always..such a stylish pregnant mama!

    ReplyDelete