Yikes! How can I already be 30 weeks pregnant? When I think about full-term being in 6 weeks I want to cry. I'm SO ready for Grady to be here, but that also means I have to through labor and SOON --- that is my biggest fear right now. Adam and I are trying to relish these last few weeks of it just being "us" but he's working a ton so he can take some time off when the little guy makes his arrival. We are taking off to Seattle this weekend to celebrate our 1st anniversary. I can't believe it's already been a year! Grandma and Grandpa Eul are dogsitting our first-born, JJ.
I had a doctor's appointment today and everything is going great. I'm measuring exactly where I should be, 30 cm, and little Grady was kicking all over the place when the doctor was trying to get his heartrate on the doppler. She felt around a bit and said he is head-down with his back facing my right side. That would explain why the right side of my ribs hurts so badly, his little butt is wedged up in there. Thanks Grady!
Adam and I also registered for our hospital tour and birthing class today. SCARY!! Part of me doesn't want to know what I'm in for, but the other part of me needs to know e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g so there are no surprises. I'm praying it puts my mind at ease a little bit because I'm starting to panic.
Alright, enough rambling, let's get to the goods...
Picture:
What's going on:
(Since the fruit doesn't change for a few weeks, I found a different site that gives more information.)
How your baby's growing:
"Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)"How I'm feeling:
Good! I think the extra iron I'm taking is giving me some more energy, which is nice. Also, I'm done working --- amen --- so my back isn't aching half as bad as it was. I'm trying to use this time to get lots of things done around the house and in the nursery. These past few days of being a stay-at-home-wife have been busier than when I was working. Crazy, huh? Or maybe that whole "nesting" thing is kicking into high gear?
Cravings/Aversions: Grapes. Yum!
Weight gain: Oh God, the doctor's scale said +20 (GASP!), but my scale (first thing in the morning, after going to the bathroom and naked --- TMI much? Try not to picture that, it's not a pretty sight) says +18. I like my scale much better.
Next appointment: Our next appointment and ultrasound is in two weeks, March 29th --- I can't wait to "see" Grady again. This u/s measures his growth and makes sure he's still head-down.

I think you look great-you actually look smaller than you did last week but maybe that's the outfit? I totally hear you on the labor thing. I'm not even pregnant but just the thought that once you get pregnant, there is no turning back-you have to deliver the baby (DUH!). Can't wait to hear how your birthing class went. Hopefully not too scary!
ReplyDelete